Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Healing Power of Walking in Nature

Hello Everyone,
Yesterday I took my small notepad and hiked up the high ridge road that leads from our high desert home. My mission was to list at least 10 things that surprised and delighted me. This was easy in that here in Pinon Springs New Mexico, I rarely have visitors except for critters. I can see vistas that stretch for hundreds of miles, including the Bear Mountains. I found  an old Pinon pine log, sat down,  and looked over the forest. Colors of pink caught my eye coming from a distant cone shaped mountain. Soon I filled up my nature delights page and started home. On the way back, I saw a cottontail bunny pair sitting very still and not at all afraid of me. They eased into their hollow log home and peaked out at me. What a delightful time I had on my nature walk. Tell me what you have seen that delights and surprises you in nature. Happy walking, Ruth

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday morning I opened the curtains to my porch to see doggy neighbor Patches wishing I'd come out so I did and we communed on how good it is to be alive together in the same marvelous universe, wearing our different costumes of consciousness, expanding together our capacity for celebration.

    ReplyDelete